LOVEGRASS ETHIOPIA – TEFF SUPERFOOD
Ethiopia Gluten Free Ancient Super Grain
Lovegrass offer the world’s first 100% Teff pasta and although it’s already won lots of awards, Teff grain and Teff products are new to most people. So we are here to spread the word.
Teff is naturally gluten free, high in Protein, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, and Copper. Not only a source of B vitamins Teff is the only grain known to contain significant amounts of Vitamin C. High in prebiotic fibre (a key benefit for IBS sufferers). Lovegrass pasta is made from 100% Teff flour offering unparalleled nutritional benefits.
Here’s more about Teff
Teff, also known as ‘Eragrostis Tef’ or ‘Williams Lovegrass’ is a tiny seed native to Ethiopia and Eritrea. It is the most ancient domesticated grain having originated between 4000 BC and 1000 BC. For thousands of years the Ethiopian people have used Teff as the main ingredient of their staple food ‘Injera’ – a sourdough bread with spongy texture.
The usefulness of Teff, however, goes way beyond Injera – Teff Flour is extremely versatile as it works as a fantastic gluten free replacement for conventional flour.
What sets Teff apart from other grains, however, is its outstanding natural combination of nutrients that promote endurance, performance, and good health. Not only does Teff help people suffering from Celiac disease, IBS or heart problems but it can aid weight loss, improve circulation, support bone health and boost the immune system.
Many of Ethiopia’s elite runners have attributed their physical abilities to Teff including Haile Gebrselassie (who set 27 world records in his career from 800m to full marathon), Kenenisa Bekele (current world record holder in the 5,000 and 10,000 meter), and Tirunesh Dibaba (outdoor 5,000-meter world record holder).
Teff Superfood Benefits
For Muscle Development
• Teff is a great source of easily digestible protein (similar structure to egg white but vegetable based so easier for the body to digest).
• Teff provides eight different amino acids acts which (when combined with Teff proteins) is a great combination for muscle building and recovery.
• Teff is a good source of Copper which provides the body with energy and helps heal muscles, joints and tissue fibre.
For Your bones
• Teff is a good source of calcium and manganese which are critical in ensuring that bones solidify properly.
For Your Gut
• IBS sufferers have claimed Teff has been life-changing as it relieves inflammation, constipation, bloating, cramping, and other serious gastrointestinal issues.
• It’s a great source of prebiotic fibre which stimulates the growth of good gut bacteria.
• Teff supports Colon health and digestion with a high composition (20% – 40%) of “resistant starch.” A recently-discovered dietary fibre.
• The high iron levels in Teff support your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin which supports oxygenation of your heart and other organs.
• Iron can help reduce dizziness, cognitive impairment, muscle cramps, and headaches.
• Teff has been recommended to patients suffering from anemia.
For Your Immune System
• Most grains provide minerals but the levels found in Teff are exceptional. Not only does Teff offer a high source of B vitamins but it is the only grain or cereal known to offer significant amounts of Vitamin C
• Teff is also high in essential minerals – magnesium, calcium and zinc.
So many health benefits I was really looking forward to seeing if this would taste as good as it sounds.
Lets test it out!
I put a couple of hand fulls of wholegrain Teff Fusilli pasta into a boiling pan of water to make for myself and Jensen for dinner.
I then chopped two cloves of garlic and lightly fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The pasta cooks in approximately 7 minutes. As it cooks the grain does get lighter than the colour it went in.
Once my Teff Fusilli pasta has cooked I drained and placed within the garlic base giving a good coating of the oil.
Now simply sprinkle a good proportion of Parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
The flavour of the pasta was really good. It didn’t stick together and served up really well. Even Jensen enjoyed it for his dinner too!
So many health benefits for a simple change. You can see and taste why it has won many awards!
You can see the range on the Lovegrass website.
Mummy E & Jensen
Lovegrass have kindly given you a chance to try this too! You can win a box of pasta, a waffle and pancake mix pouch and Teff grain.
If you would like a chance to win, then enter our Rafflecopter below!
We really do appreciate & personally read every single comment that you leave us. It means a lot to us that you take the time to interact with us, so please continue to do so.
The mandatory question must be answered in the “Leave a comment here” box at the bottom of this page to make any further entries valid. No answer means no win! Please try to use 8 words or more in your comment.
Ends Midnight Sunday 21st July
If you’re not sure about Rafflecopter, go to our How to Use Rafflecopter page for more information.
Don’t forget to check out our other giveaways.
Question is “What is your favourite pasta recipe & do you add anything to make it extra special?”